Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Geek Week

My mind is swirling from all I have to do before the year starts and then I go to Geek Week...as you can imagine, my list just got longer. Yesterday I took a class on Twitter and learned about Hoot Suite. Check it out here, it is a great way to manage all your social media, Twitter, Facebook and more all on one dashboard. Then I was not sure if there was a class I wanted to take in the afternoon. I decided to take a Google Site class because I heard the instructors are Google certified. I did not think I would learn too much since I already have my Google Site but.....WOW! I had to pull myself from my couch today to stop playing with it. 
Each of my students will have a Google Site with tabs for each class. I was planning on the students saving their work on each page as their e-portfolio, but they showed me how to link the students folder/sub-folders so when they file a paper, notes etc., into a file it automatically goes into my file. 


Did I mention I was teaching to a group of teachers about my flipped class? NOPE, because I am trying to forget about it. I spent hours putting my presentation together with great links, videos and more. Guess what? I could not get a connection and therefore show my slide. I wanted to cry, which I kinda did in the form of sweat...I was so stressed. I was already nervous with high school teachers in my room, for some reason they seem so much smarter than me. I wonder if it is because I often feel like a 5th grader and they are big high school kids' teachers?  Oh well, I get another chance to teach it on Friday. 

Tomorrow I am taking a Blogging Class...no more excuses for posting once a year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment