Search This Blog

Monday, March 25, 2013

Fun with Oreos

In the afternoon after a morning of STATE TESTING, we were ready to have some fun. We dont get specials so that means no break for them or ME!! I too needed to have some fun (chocolate)

Oreo's website has lots of great ideas for how to use an oreo in school but I just stuck to my stalking other bloggers and stole from a favorite Teaching in Room 6.  We used oreos to help us review Mean, Median and Mode. Students had great fun seeing how high they could stack their oreos. They worked in  groups and used this worksheet to record their data.
This student got the most Oreos!! 
We had state testing a week after this and the cookies were going to go to waste, well, we don't want to be wasteful so we decided to use our Oreos to show the various moon phases.
This really did not take very long and writing was really what I wanted them to practice. I wanted them to work on descriptive writing using figurative language so we needed something to describe. This is how we came up with........
I believe this was space alien. Then we had this beautiful mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment