Search This Blog

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Which Path will you take?

 Ironic or God? Just this past week, I read a devotional written by a lady from church, Jana Jarvis. The devotional really hit home, it was called Running. I love to run, have done races and simply just run to enjoy the fresh air. The devotional was about your life running out of control, not running for exercise  Running faster and faster, not enjoying the scenery and leaving everyone else in the dust as you run fast, faster and fastest. Never stopping to enjoy the fresh air, the flowers blooming or the leaves falling...just hurry and get this chore done and the list never gets finished.  I cried and thought, I am running and running and whew...too tired for God, church, my husband, my kids, my family and my friends. 

I walked into church today and Pastor John is talking about Running the Race. Wow, God is really talking to me now...STOP running. No, it was the complete opposite. I was so confused, I DON"T WANT TO RACE... I am done being tired. The more I listened, the more I realized there are two races in life. The race with paths that have dead ends. Paths that you take that give are windy and you feel like you are in circles. Paths that are dangerous  The races with these paths have people in our way and people that want to bring you down as we all want to win and in the race of life but we don't always get to see everyone win. 
 Then are the races with one 1 goal and 1 path and we all win. We have others  cheering you on as we cheer them on too.  On this race called the spiritual race, we can run and when we do fall, we have others that also running the race to pick you up. We have Jesus to help us overcome some of the obstacles we will encounter on our race as this race does not mean the easy race. Just the race with a purpose! The race to Jesus.  Thanks Jana Jarvis for getting me to stop running in the wrong direction and Pastor John for realizing my energy (that most know I don't stop) can be used on a the right path a path with a purpose!  Ironic or God! God getting my PATHS STRAIGHT!


No comments:

Post a Comment